Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39

Thread: VAIN EUROPEAN TOUR

  1. #21
    Inactive Member deviantdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2004
    Posts
    1,966
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I appreciate all this, and I'm really looking for
    to the gig, but ten years, c'mon... that's like,
    making us wait for nearly a decade.

    D.
    take

  2. #22
    Inactive Member mayhem1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2005
    Posts
    28
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LOL .... well hopefully its worth the wait [img]wink.gif[/img]

  3. #23
    Inactive Member Dizzy Starr's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2003
    Posts
    307
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If there'z no interest in this tour then why have I been getting phone callz for more flyerz for the shopz I have been doing promo in

  4. #24
    Inactive Member mayhem1973's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 14th, 2005
    Posts
    28
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree....only sold 100 tickets for a show I would be pi$$ed....BUT there are 3 months to go and major advertising still to be done. MOST people pay on the door for shows like this as they know they won't sell out OR they buy tickets in the last 2 weeks in case the shows get pulled ... but one reason shows get pulled is cos of lack of ticket sales ie Quiet Riot...
    I'm hoping we get over 400 for Notts and London at least and maybe over 300 for the other 3 UK shows.....
    any help promoting these shows would really be appreciated. If anyone can help please email me at:
    [email protected]
    THANKS

  5. #25
    Inactive Member deviantdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2004
    Posts
    1,966
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    One of the motivations for contacting Davy, pre-gig, was
    so I could possibly put together a little 10
    minute, pre-gig mini-doco for Spark TV. Spark is
    broadcast via BBCi Hull. We've only got about 10/
    20,000 (potential) viewers, but I'm sure it might
    have helped sell some Welly tickets.

    D.
    take

    <font color="#FF0000" size="1">[ February 27, 2005 01:15 PM: Message edited by: Deviant D ]</font>

  6. #26
    Inactive Member rockatop's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 7th, 2004
    Posts
    72
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I cant believe what im reading here.
    As a promoter myself i know the costs involved in putting on a show and for someone like Mark to go all out and bring over a band like Vain is testament firstly to his desire to put on a rock show and secondly the desire from the rock fans to want a show like this to happen because we all still get excited at the prospect right!? The interest has gotta be there in the first place i think to actually get the band over - otherwise - whats the point?
    I am a fan, an unashamed fan of Rock n Roll and i still get off at seeing these bands as im sure are most of the people who contribute their thoughts n feelings to this great website that is dedicated to all things glam!
    So lets all make this a tour to remember and turn out en mass! Otherwise we might be stuck with all the punk pop/nu metal that seemingly refuses to die and that in turn might lead to a new grunge movement and im sure we really wouldnt want to go back to those dark days.
    By the way Daz! Whats happening with the Rich Rags dvd? Did you get to hook up with Stu?
    Peace.
    IAN
    Rockatop Promotions
    Rock Revolution (the best damn Classic Rock night in the UK)
    Everybody look out for a great feature on my fantastic Classic Rock night 'Rock Revolution'(HULL) in the next issue of classic rock magazine. If you havent been yet then the next night is on the 11th march and is a fancy dress affair with Angus as the theme(expect many naughty school girl types..yum yum..)
    Anyone who wants to come but needs more info then contact me at [email protected]

  7. #27
    Inactive Member deviantdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2004
    Posts
    1,966
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ian,

    The Rich Rags doco is still chugging away. Remember,
    I've given myself a year to complete this, so
    there's no rush.

    We're still looking for Davey, so we got the HDM
    to print this up, the other week:
    http://www.thisishull.co.uk/displayN...entPK=11760598

    Apparently he's gone back to Telford.

    Generally speaking, there's no money in my pockets,
    at the moment, to fund any travelling to shoot
    interview.

    D.
    take


    Edit: Yeh, I speak to all the guys on a semi-
    regular basis. Stu and Ian have sent me some
    great material (videos, photos, etc.) for use
    in the DVD's production.

    <font color="#FF0000" size="1">[ February 27, 2005 01:36 PM: Message edited by: Deviant D ]</font>

  8. #28
    Inactive Member rockatop's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 7th, 2004
    Posts
    72
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Will look forward to seeing the end product.
    Have you ever heard the stuff with myself? I should really post a few tracks up to let people get a hang on how different RR were before Ian Hunter joined the band.
    If and when you speak to stu would you pass on my contact details please and ask him to get in touch. I really wanna get hold of some 4 track tapes we did plus some piccies.
    IAN
    rockatop promotions
    rock revolution classic rock night

  9. #29
    Inactive Member deviantdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2004
    Posts
    1,966
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nobody's saying there's no interest in the tour.
    I'm sure that, by May, there'll be hundreds of
    tickets sold, just please grant me the privilege
    of suggesting that one hundred tickets isn't
    really that much.

    D.
    take

  10. #30
    Inactive Member deviantdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2004
    Posts
    1,966
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ian, I've passed on your details to Stu.

    D.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •